Sunday, May 7, 2017

Final Blog 2

Dear Future Students,

            You picked a good, approachable professor for this class! The class was not too hard, and there was just the right amount of work assigned. There were three papers and a project throughout the semester, as well as blog posts assigned for most of the classes. A rough draft was required for every paper, which was very helpful in writing the final draft. We brought the rough drafts to class and peer edited. Even though peer editing is a bit awkward to me, I’m glad that we did this. I really recommend bringing your rough draft to class when it’s due because I got great feedback each time, and I truly believe it improved every one of my papers. The blog posts were a bit tricky for me, but they didn’t have to be. Since the blog posts don’t have specific due dates, it can be hard to keep up with them. I personally chose to put them off (hence the reason I’m submitting these late), and even though I knew I would get them done it was hard to catch up. I do not recommend being like me!! The blog posts are not hard at all and they don’t take much time unless they all start to pile up. They were also very helpful with improving my writing. Doing my blog posts as soon as they were assigned is probably the one thing I would change if I took this course again, so I highly recommend keeping up with them. Also, go to class. We did a lot of helpful assignments and read passages to prepare us for our papers, which really gave me an idea of what to do. If I didn’t go to class, I would have been much less prepared to write, and the major assignments would have been far more difficult. It might be hard to get up and go to class some days, but it’s worth it. Everything we did in class was effective in making me a better writer. As long as you keep up with the blog posts, go to class as much as you can, participate in peer reviews, and write the papers, you will do fine in this class.


Have fun and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment