Sunday, March 5, 2017

Draft Analysis for Narrative Essay

I decided to use something similar to the “I Believe” format for my narrative essay. I was not planning on using this subject for my essay, but as soon as we were asked to write in class, it became really easy to write and I decided to go with it. The reason that I was not originally going to write about this topic is because it is something that is hard for me to talk about, which is why I was so surprised at how easy it was. It also seemed a little bit too depressing to share at first, but I figured that this was a great way to express my feelings and beliefs. Although this is a hard subject to talk about, it is a huge part of my life, and therefore very important to me. I am writing about my belief in the importance of tragedy. I discuss how my personal experiences with tragedy have helped me grow, and how I think that tragedy is a necessary event that everybody must deal with.

I only have a few paragraphs in my draft as of now, so it is far from finished. I am not sure about the order of my paragraphs or if I even want to include everything that I have so far. I need to work on including more details, and I need to find a way to tell the story so that it will flow- possibly chronologically. I also have to make sure that the voice and tone of my writing is what I’m aiming for. With such a sad topic, it is difficult to keep it from being too depressing. At this point I’m just focused on keeping the voice of my writing away from sadness, because I want it to have more of a grateful, and possibly even a motivational tone. I don’t want people to read this and feel sorry for me, rather I want them to know that I’m trying to appreciate the good, even if it comes from something bad. I also want people to take something from it, and know that they too can get past whatever life throws at them.

No comments:

Post a Comment